Exploring Image Net in Python

I guess it is a bit late now for starting to work on image net, since the ILSVRC competition just ended.
Still, I think this is a very interesting - if not the most interesting - dataset available today in computer vision.
So I thought I'd finally take a look. As usual I wrapped up some Python scripts to do the work for me. You can find my little script on github.
At the moment, I provides a class to parse the meta data and xml annotations.
It can produce bounding box images and you can search for synsets by keywords and browse the tree somewhat.
You have to download the dataset and annotations yourself, though.

I am still working on the code and additional functionality is likely to be added soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Machine Learning Cheat Sheet (for scikit-learn)

A Wordcloud in Python

MNIST for ever....

Python things you never need: Empty lambda functions